The reason for starting this blog was for me to have a spot to keep track of what I am actually doing to make progress in my efforts to create a healthier life. At my highest weight of 240 lbs and 5 ft 5 inches, I am/was considered morbidly obese.
As of today, February 16, I have lost 7 pounds since my last dr appt with a weigh in at 233. Of course, I am still on all the medications, etc, but I feel like I have really turned a corner w/ my eating habits. I got a jumpstart by being sick for a week and then started reading the Ominvore's Dilemma- which plays right into all my previous beliefs about the industrial food agribusiness in our country.
I've set some goals for myself for this year to lose weight as well as to eat healthier and become a better cook.
My immediate goals are to sign up for a summer CSA and to be under 230 by the end of February.
My mid-term goal would be to be in 'onederland' by the end of June.
For trip to Ireland in September, I want to be out of the Obese category- that means I need to be 179 lbs by September 14.
This means I have 7 months to lose 54 lbs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment