Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Family that Weighs Together...

So, another thing i've been remiss at recording is the Gilmore/Leopard/Raines/Byers/Choi family started a 'fun' little tradition this year. We are weighing in as a collective. As of January 1, 2009, this family weighs 1,855 lbs.

So, the basic rules are:
- adults only (kids need to gain weight)
- weigh in on the first of every month
- charlene compiles info and posts to her blog

S0, our first follow up post will be next weekend and we'll see if we are still close to 1 ton.

5 comments:

chapman55k said...

This is a VERY cool idea! Do you mind if I steal it for my weight loss death match group?

CAG said...

Go for it, ken. It was a result of noone wanting to admit- or publish on a blog what they weighed individually:)

Troy + Youngin said...

AWESOME job, Char. I'm impressed with your dedication and progress. Keep it up.... now if only I can stay away from snacks!

chapman55k said...

Thanks Charlene! This will take a little bit for me to implement with the google spreadsheet we use, but stay tuned! It does sound kind of weird though, to say, "Man, you are getting down to a ton and a half!"

ken said...

Char, I have found it difficult to just say no. There are sooo many yummy processed and sweet and salty foods out there. Fortunately, Mara is doing the shopping these days so all I can scrounge up is lettuce and yogurt. It's not all bad though. I'm starting to see good results!