In late September, John and Julie Mitchell and my DH (Dear Husband) will be running the Akron Marathon. Since I am actually enjoying my workouts lately, I decided it would be worthwhile to have a goal to work towards. I checked out the site and I think that the 5 person relay would be a worthy foe... So, who is in with me?
So far, Troy, Mara and Ken have expressed interest (I might be stretching a little there). Maybe Amberly or Violet/George would want one of the 3 mile segments????? If we can't get 5 peeps, Steve's friend- Kim who runs the 100 Miler at Umstead would be happy to help.
http://www.akronmarathon.org/home.aspx
There are goodies to be had (for free) and the route itself looks pretty cool- on the Towpath and even through Stan Hywett Gardens (Mara- i'll arm wrestle you for that leg:)). Incidentally, there is a Kid's Run too that Lora and Ian might be interested in- registration is free.
Check it out, Ya'all. Let me know what you think.. I think we'd want to confirm registration for the relay in the next couple of months because there is a limit to the number of relay teams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
HEY EVERYBODY! Keep in mind that you can actually walk (or run) the 3 miles or whatever! That means this should be physically possible for basically everyone in the family. Since walking is allowed, that means we would all avoid seeing Daddy in RUNNING SHORTS.
Post a Comment