Well, I was thinking yesterday that it was the third straight January that I've entered w/ unhappy feelings about my weight and health. I'm starting my weigh in at 217 this year- a full 23 lbs down from last year- which is almost 10%. But, at the time we ran the marathon in Sept, I was at 205. This mental battle is something that I very much want to change- last year I made some good progress, but fell back into old habits in 4Q. So, definitely had some slipping going on.
Starting this month, I'm renewing my efforts to get healthier and happier w/ my body. Here are some goals for myself this year.
1) run the Akron Marathon Relay leg #3 in 80 min (last year's effort for 6.3 miles was 100 min- though I did finish the sucker)
2) lose 20% of total weight.. This would put me in the 170-175 range- where I was when Steve and I were married 4.5 years ago.
3) lower my cholesterol by 20 pts to make it under 200 (from 219)
4) go totally vegetarian for at least 3 months of the year
5) when I do eat meat, it will only be from farmer's who I know raise and slaughter according to humane guidelines
6) only buy eggs and milk from local producers who farm w/ humane guidelines (no battery chicken eggs or CAFO dairy products)
7) learn how to make at least 3 new whole grain products (quinoa, bulgar, pearl barley to mention a few) and at least two tasty tofu dishes (not so sure about this one:))
8) post at least 2-3 times a month on this blog w/ healthy recipes/ideas/progress reports
Steve is already conscripted, but I welcome any and all to join me on the journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
ahhh I'm right there with ya girl! I have gained sooo much weight and its also time for me make big changes! good luck :o)
Post a Comment